Aug 19, 2015

Things I have learned in my 17 years of life


Hello!
Yesterday was my birthday and I decided to write a slightly different post for the occasion. It's a list of advice, of what I learned during these last few years. Everyone's life is different so I think we can all benefit from each other's experiences and the lessons we can receive from them.
I feel a bit weird about giving advice to my readers because I know some are older than me, but I thought I'd share anyway. I realize seventeen is very young, and I'm not trying to be condescending or anything. I still have so much to learn. I just want to help people as much as I possibly can. So without further ado, let's do this.

- Stay away from people who have hurt you in the past. Sometimes we feel the desperate need to be accepted by the ones who rejected us, but the truth is, they don't deserve our time and attention.
- That said, don't hold grudges forever. That doesn't mean that you should forgive someone who has hurt you and run back to them, but stop thinking about it. Hating someone is exhausting. Try to stop thinking about them, they don't deserve it.
- You are allowed to love yourself. You are not vain for thinking you are beautiful, you are not arrogant for knowing your strengths. 
- Don't compare yourself to others. Just don't.
- You don't need to have a boyfriend/girlfriend. You are enough on your own.
- Wear whatever clothes you want, wear as much makeup as you want, or don't wear any at all. Do it for yourself, not for others' opinions.
- You can never make everyone happy. Focus on yourself, and on doing what's right.
- People change. I said earlier to stay away from people who have hurt you. That's true, but sometimes they change. They can become better persons, and if you want to, you can let them back in your life.
- Don't hide your smile, don't hate your laugh. They are things that make you you, and they make you beautiful.
- Be whoever and whatever you want to be. Your age, gender or skin color do not define you. You are much more than just a category.
- Eat that piece of cake if you want to. Being healthy is important, but that doesn't mean you can't treat yourself to some cake.
- You are never too old for disney movies.
- It's okay not to be okay. You are allowed to be sad, you are allowed to feel. 

I hope you'll find this list useful. Thanks for reading.
Love, Elsa

2 comments:

I always love to read your thoughts so please share them with me :)
And if you ever have a question, don't hesitate to ask!