Jun 26, 2015

Portrait #2 - The mirror


Hi friends!
Today I wanted to show you a drawing I made for my art class a few weeks ago. The subject was "the mirror creates the event" (I know it sounds weird, I wasn't sure how to translate it from french). Basically, the mirror had to have an important and active role and make something happen. I chose to do a drawing because I love to draw. The "event" I chose to create is more of a question: what are this women's true emotions? I tried to make both sides of the drawing as identical as possible, using a grid, besides from the tears and the smile of course.
And I hate the hair. It just looks so cartoony, in a bad way. It doesn't look very good in real life, but the pictures makes it even worse. Anyway, I was in a rush to finish the project before the deadline and that's what happens when you try to draw hair to fast.
Also, some of my friends thought she looked like Angelina Jolie, what do you think?
Love, Elsa


11 comments:

  1. How cool is this!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So talented :) INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY on my FRENCH BLOG: SUMMER DRESS :) :)

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Elsa, I love it! The message it brings out is also quite intriguing. :) It does look like Angelina Jolie. And don't worry about the hair, it looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dian! It took me a while to find an idea I liked but our art subjects are always pretty cool and leave a lot of room for our own ideas.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful drawing! I really love the way you captured the emotion
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Compliments always put a smile on my face :D

      Delete
  5. this is so beautiful elsa!! I am just blown away by how talented you are, I can barely draw a stick figure haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I'm sure your stick figures look awesome, haha

      Delete
    2. This looks awesome and it's amazing how identical you managed to get it on both sides!

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts so please share them with me :)
And if you ever have a question, don't hesitate to ask!