Aug 29, 2015

Collaboration with The Happy Candle #2

Hello,
Today's post is the second part of my collaboration with Dian, from the Happy Candle. When we were discussing whether to do an art piece or a free wallpaper for our collaboration, she suggested to do both, and I accepted.
I chose this quote from Audrey Hepburn because I've always loved it. It's quite a famous quote, with reason. I think Audrey Hepburn was a beautiful woman, but also a very kind and wise person. This quote is very inspiring because it says that your happiness makes you pretty, thus meaning that beauty comes from within.
I love the lettering Dian did for this. The little embellishment over the last 't' of prettiest is simply beautiful. Working with her on not only one but two collaborations was very nice and seemed effortless. It was a great experience for me and I look forward to collaborating with her again in the future.
I took a long time finding a good reference picture for the portrait because I wanted one where she was smiling and looked genuinely happy. I'm quite happy with the end result because I think I have achieved that goal. 
I hope you like this piece and don't forget to check out Dian's thoughts on it, she always has really interesting things to say.
Love, Elsa

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the collaboration, Elsa, I would love to work with you again in the future too! You're so talented and your portrait of Audrey Hepburn is just amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're very talented too. Your lettering skills are really impressive and you have a very nice cohesive style.

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts so please share them with me :)
And if you ever have a question, don't hesitate to ask!